Thursday, April 16, 2009

Morning Sweetness

I love the sweet spirit of children....
First thing Evan said to me this morning was, "Mommy, I'm so glad I have you." (heartbreaker!) At breakfast he said, "Mommy, thank you for putting food on the table."
These moments make all the hard work and challenges of motherhood absolutely worthwhile! (Also, made me think, how sweet is my spirit in the morning?...)
And I love the way my children need me...
Derek has started coming to me and holding onto my leg and saying,
"Mommy, I need you!" or "Mommy, I want you!"
All he wants is for me to pick him up and hold him.
Their needs really are pretty simple...love and attention.
And, I must say, when he tells me he wants me...it fills my heart!
...and it reminds me to take a break from my busy-ness and just soak in the moment with them.
I wish there was more time and more of me to go around.
But, I'll try to make the most of what I have.
And I'm going to enjoy these days when they want me!
(They don't have to outgrow that, do they?)

No comments: