Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Visitor in the Backyard

Ok, this picture is here just because. Just because it makes me smile!


Finally, our freezing cold spell has ended, and I can finally let the boys go outside to play. The snow was good for packing, so the other day, while I had the pleasure (haha) of doing housework, my husband took the boys outside to build a snowman. They had a great time putting the snowman together, playing in the snow, and throwing snowballs at each other. Actually, I think Ben was enjoying that the most!

While upstairs making beds, I looked out the window and watched as they played and I enjoyed the view. They had a great time, and I loved watching them. It reminded me how much fun I used to have as a child playing in the snow and sledding. These carefree days of childhood don't last nearly long enough.

Aren't they all cute? my man, my boys, the neighbor boy, and our backyard visitor.


Our visitor is doing a good job gracing our backyard, however due to the warmer temps, he has now lost his mouth, his pipe, his buttons, and tragically today, he lost his eyes. Owen sat at the breakfast table, looking out the sliding glass door, and was very upset because snowman was falling apart. Well, we'll just have to pray for more snow. Oh wait, this is upstate NY in January. There's plenty more to come!















No comments: