Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'd do it all over again

We had the privilege of taking a few days off and going to visit my in-laws for a bit. We had a family wedding to attend, and the next day was our anniversary. For the first time, we left all our boys overnight...Gramma was all too happy to babysit...and we got a hotel room with a hot tub, went out to a restaurant for a quiet sit down dinner, and spent lots of time walking around holding on to each other. We usually don't have any extra hands to hold each other's when we're out and about with the boys. It was nice to walk hand in hand. It felt familiar of days when it was just the two of us...when we could be spontaneous and carefree...when we could focus all of our attention on each other. We missed our boys alot...but we were grateful for this away time...we didn't realize how much we had been missing each other. And we've decided this should be an annual tradition. It was sweet, it was refreshing, and it was romantic. I am blessed to be married to this man. I didn't know 12 years ago when I was standing in that church pledging my vows to Ben what the future would hold. The dozen years that have passed have held many wonderful moments, and also some we'd have chosen to bypass. But they have left marks in our life together, that read like lines of a story, our story. We have the ability now to look back with humor at the bad and with joy at the good. And today, I would stand in that church facing that boy looking into those eyes and repeating those words, all over again, knowing what I know now....I'd do it all over again. I love you, Babe!



No comments: