Monday, April 26, 2010

Curious Minds Want to Know

For some reason, Carter was very interested at supper time about how he got fed when he was in my belly. It wasn't making sense to him because, as he said, "there wasn't a kitchen in there!"
During the conversation, we were talking about how they were born. All 4 of the boys were born by c-section, so it makes it a little easier to explain the how. :-) Carter wanted to know if there was blood when they cut me open and he said, "But didn't it hurt, Mommy?" So, we tried to explain about how they numbed my whole body. Derek got a very disturbed look on his face when we mentioned the needle and said he didn't want the doctors to give me a shot. I assured him I won't have to have that again, and he felt better. Evan wanted to know how they "put my belly back on". After I told him that they sewed me back up he said very seriously, "I would NOT want to be a girl!" After I laughed, I told him that it's ok, that they were worth it all and I would do it all over again. "You were happy to have your first baby?" he asked. Very. And the next and the next and the next.

No comments: