Friday, April 9, 2010

Fostering A Love of Reading

My first born had his first field trip, and his first visit to the library today. We live in a small town, and the library is actually located in an old house, which is kind of neat. I had to help him focus....even though it's a small library, he was overwhelmed by all the choices and didn't know where to start. But he finally made his choices, and he wasted no time after we got home and had lunch, reading all 4 of them right away. He can't wait to go back and get more books. As his mom and his teacher, I'm thrilled to see his love of reading. And he's feeling so accomplished to be able to pick up books and read them.


Library card he can use at any local library

His literary choices.
I loved that he thought to use one of his choices to get a Pooh book to read to his brothers.


I read alot when I was a kid, and I always had a hard time putting a book down. Maybe he's inheriting my love of a good book.
And thus ends Spring Break...back to school work Monday morning.

No comments: