Thursday, April 15, 2010

The New Apprentice

Can we fix it? Yes, WE can!
My husband has spent some quality time lately behind the fridge. It decided to stop working correctly, and he has been working to keep it limping along until we could isolate which part was bad, order it, wait for it to arrive, and install it. The other night, he was busy working back in there again, but discovered he had a willing helper.


Ben's new apprentice.
O-Man was very interested in all the goings on (especially the use of the cool head lamp flashlights my parents gave Ben for Christmas.) Ben told O-Man all the names of all the parts, and he was learning them. If it were I, the names would have been hose, thingy, thing-a-ma-jig, another part, etc. Ben however, schooled him in on all the proper names (I was so impressed...my man sure knows alot....like somehow how to troubleshoot and repair a refrigerator.) It was so adorable to see O-Man hanging out with his Daddy, acting like he was really helping him out. I think he was actually more distracting than helpful, but Ben was eating up the fact that his son was so interested in what he was doing. And of course, like any good Dad, he shared his special tool, the head lamps. Good thing it was a 2 pack!

Move over Maytag Man, here comes something cuter!







I just had to smile watching them


and then watching the other boys in the living room. I found Evan reading one of his library books to Carter. It was so sweet, I had to snap a picture.



Then they saw O-Man and Derek with the headlamps and had to try it out themselves.



Turns out, they are also very useful for reading books in poorly lit living rooms.


No comments: