Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Not Easy


Kids say the funniest things:

Tonight at supper Derek was taking a really long time to finish his stuffed shells. He was told he couldn't have any of the ice cream Nana brought if he didn't finish his meal. Then he tells us he thinks he needs to puke. Daddy totally not believing him said "no, you don't... keep eating". Next thing we know, he does the act. I'll try to spare you the gorey details, but all I can say is I am so thankful for these Baby Bjorn bibs!
http://www.babybjorn.com/en/American/products/Kitchen/BABYBJORN-Soft-Bib/ . (If you have a baby or toddler, one of the best products I can recommend is these. They have saved us many extra loads of laundry and from having piles of stained ruined clothes. Only wish I'd found them when Evan was little. Got mine from Target.com)

After Daddy cleaned him up, he got upset because he wanted the ice cream, but we explained that he couldn't have any ice cream since he was sick. Owen didn't want his, Derek assured us that he was fine, and so he ate his brother's. His face lit up with a smile. Then the story came out.

As he's enjoying polishing off his scoop of mint chocolate chip, Derek says "I tried to puke."

Me: "You tried to puke?"

Derek: "Yes."

Me: "You made yourself puke so that you wouldn't have to finish your supper?"

Derek: "Yep."

Pause.....he takes another spoonful of ice cream and says matter of factly, "It's not easy."

I couldn't say anything more...I was laughing too hard. Oh these kids. How will I ever raise gentlemen?!



The little faker.

Nana took this picture yesterday on their first day of Nana's Preschool. Derek is really good at putting this puzzle together. If only he could put away a meal as fast as he puts a 25 piece puzzle together.

No comments: