Sunday, September 20, 2009

O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E

I'm so proud of my little Sunday School class. There are 5 kids, 3 of whom are my own (the boys of course)....ages 6, 5, 4, and two 3 year olds.


Today, they did something new. They recited their memory verse and sang their song from last quarter for our church family.



They did really well! And I believe it was absolutley beautiful music to the ears of God.



Our last quarter was on how God helps us. One of the units was God helps us to obey.



Jeremiah 26:13 "Obey the voice of the LORD."

"Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe,

Doing exactly what the Lord commands, doing it happily.

Action is the key, do it immediately,

Joy you will receive.

Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.

O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E

Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe."

I sang that song when I was a little girl...today I got to watch 3 of my children sing it in church.



We can learn alot from children. Almost all of them were excited to do this (one was a tad shy), they didn't worry about whether their singing voice was good enough, or if they sang on tune, or if they remembered how to spell obedience, or if they looked cute enough. I didn't have to coerce them. Children lack the inhibitions and "what will other people think of me" kind of concerns that we adults seem to get hung up on. They simply sing for Jesus.



I love how Derek was moving through the whole song. He gets that from his momma. In fact, my family after I got married, purposely fast forwarded through our very long wedding ceremony on video, because I was moving the whole time, and apparently it looked pretty funny in fast forward. :-)

No comments: