Friday, September 25, 2009

The Other First Day of School






Today was another first. Evan and I had our first day at homeschool co-op. He has been so excited about this. It is an all day event, but for this first year, I chose to have him just take 2 classes. That way I could leave the younger boys with Nana, and not be stressed about taking them all, and trying to keep track of their 3 different class grades for 6 different sessions.
Evan's taking a Science class, and the second class is Math for 6 weeks, and then will be Spanish for 6 weeks, and the other 12 weeks topics are to be announced. I am a hall monitor for both sessions. It was so quiet in the halls. Next Friday I'll take a book....I haven't had the time to sit and read book in years. This might turn out to be a nice break for me! :-) I did get to sit and chat with another mom for a bit this morning, which was so nice. There were over 100 students there today (nursery through high school)...I was shocked...I expected more like 30 - 40. More home-educating families here in this little area than I thought there were. His teachers for the classes are very nice.
Evan had a great time. I'm thankful for this chance to provide him the opportunity for social interaction and to make some good friends. This morning he said, "I want to make friends with a girl...like Chloe." (his cousin....he misses her.) "I want to have a girl friend." He told me he made a friend today. I asked him what his name is. "I don't know." Well, next week, maybe he'll actually ask his friend what his name is. :-) I think Evan thought the best part was that he got to do something that the kids that go away to school get to do....wear a backpack! He didn't want to take it off! Of course, it is Lightning McQueen....nothing else would do. Thanks, Gramma B, he loves it! I asked Evan afterwards if he had a good time. He said, "This was the best day EVER!"

No comments: