Monday, March 1, 2010

and Percy, too!

If you are also a mom of a little boy who's obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine, you'll like this one.
********************
Today we were having Bible Class after lunch, sitting around the kitchen table. We are learning about the life of Christ, and today's lesson was on Jesus calling his disciples. We were reviewing, and I asked them to tell me one of the names of Jesus's disciples.
Evan says, "Thomas".
Carter's turn...."James",
and I should have seen it coming....
"Derek," I said, "can you name one?"
He shouts out very confidently, "Percy!"
We all burst out laughing. Apparently, I had lost Derek's attention during the lesson, and he thought we were naming steam engines! I'll have to thumb through my Bible, and see if I can find that disciple. :-)

1 comment:

Dee said...

That is priceless, and just what Brady would come up with too, if we said, "Thomas, James..."

You're so good about capturing these priceless moments; thank you for sharing them too!