Friday, March 19, 2010

Frugal Friday - Finding Deals!

I filled a prescription for my son today. It has 2 doses, which we may or may not need. It came to more than my normal co-pay and when I asked about that, I was told that it's because there is no generic for the drug. Ok, so as I'm paying, the pharmacist about knocked me over with, "Actually, the retail for this is $536.99." That' right...there are no extra digits typed in there. That is the actual price! I figured at that price, I wouldn't complain about my $30 copay. So, I guess you can say by using my insurance card, I saved my family a whopping $506.99, just by making a trip to our pharmacist!

Now for the real, and much more exciting deals:

I caught the Bon-Ton clearance sale this week. (extra 80% off!) I got (for my boys for next winter) a
Ruff Hewn hooded sweatshit, Reg $30 for $4.40
3 Ruff Hewn long-sleeved casual shirts, Reg $20 each for $3 each
Calvin Klein dress shirt, Reg $32 for $4.80. (actually Carter can wear this now!)
That was 5 items worth $122 for $18.20! That's a savings of $103.80!

If you can spare it in your budget, now is the time to go shopping for winter items! You can get some unbelievable deals, put them away for next season, and when you get your kids' clothes out of storage, you'll be delighted to find those new clothes awaiting them! I always love pulling out the totes of clothes and finding those great bargains I got on the off season. Saves you alot of money from running out and buying new then at regular price!

At Target:
For 2 Gillette Men's deodorant and 2 Gillette Men's body wash, Retail $16.56, I paid $2.58! That's a savings of $13.98! I love coupons! Does that make me weird? :-)

Spending a little time to cut out coupons, print on-line coupons, look for the best deals, and organize coupons can really pay off! Even here, where we don't have any stores that double coupons, I saved $35 yesterday just with using coupons, not to mention the sales I got.

All in all, I think it was a pretty frugal week!

No comments: